Words to live by:

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving thankfuls

Happy Thanksgiving! This is truly one of my favorite holidays, aside from the 4th of July. Christmas is wonderful, but I like the 'idea' of Thanksgiving better, at least as far as the commercialized stuff goes - no gifts, no insane shopping and rushing around...just giving thanks surrounded by good food and good people.

Here's a brief list of what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:

  • My heath - I'm so thankful that I have the blessing of being able to get up and move whenever I please, as well as work out in a way that will hopefully keep me around for years to come!
  • Tyler - Our first Thanksgiving together we were just "talking" and he took me on a date to the Lights On at Utica Square - where he didn't even hold my hand, by the way. :) Our second Thanksgiving we were dating seriously, and now our third Thanksgiving we are engaged to be married in almost 2 months. He truly makes me a better person on a daily basis, and it warms my heart that I have many, many more Thanksgivings to share with him and our wonderful families.
  • My parents - I could go on for years why I'm thankful for them both. They've not only made me who I am, but accepted me for what I'm not. I've fallen short of the person they've raised me to be so many times, and they just keep on supporting and loving me no matter what. They've made so many sacrifices for me...so much so that a simple 'thank you' doesn't come close to the gratitude I'd like to express. They fill my life with so much love - I can't wait to see them share that love with my little niece or nephew, their grandchild. :)
  • My employment
  • Being able to finish college
  • My future niece or nephew - I love him/her madly already. June, hurry up!
  • My freedom - Without it I wouldn't be able to go where I want, do what I want, or even blog what I want! I'm so thankful for the men and women who sacrifice their time with their families and even their lives to make life the best it can be for me.
  • Our future house - It's kind of a complete wreck right now...but it's OUR complete wreck and I'm thankful for it all the same.
That is just a drop in the bucket of all of the things I thank God for on a daily basis, not just on this one day a year. Now it's time to convince myself that fat grams and calories don't count on Thanksgiving, and go enjoy the wonderful meal my family has worked hard to prepare.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to have you in my life and to be able to spend the rest of my life by your side.

    I am hitching my wagon to yours!

    ReplyDelete