Words to live by:

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Little moments.

Just one of the many, many reasons that I love being a newlywed are the little 'moments'. I can't exactly describe them, but they are usually something small, silly and unexpected, and give me a ooey-gooey feeling inside. Picture 'The Elf'... "I'm in love, I'm in love, and I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!"

For example, I was in the kitchen unloading dishes one day and overheard Tyler talking on the phone to someone. The only piece of the conversation I heard was, "...my wife...blah blah blah." Instant huge smile! As cheesy as it is, I don't think I will EVER tire of hearing the man I love most in this world call me his wife. Hands down, one of my favorite little 'moments'.

A more recent moment I had... thinking about the fact that we are about to experience our first holiday season as a married couple. Woo-hoo! Admittedly, by December of last year (less than 2 months til the wedding), I was less than filled with the holiday spirit. Wedding planning, cake tastings, meetings with vendors, RSVPs, and stress had taken over my every thought. Needless to say, I am pretty excited knowing the most stressful thing this holiday season will be what dish to bring to the Burd family Christmas. Yikes! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment