Words to live by:

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The crock pot... a busy wife's best friend.

I'm just going to say it. I am a terrible cook.

Well, not necessarily terrible in the sense that I can't make mac and cheese (although I have messed it up before!), but terrible like I really have no clue what I'm doing. And just to clear the air, this is not for my mom's lack of trying. For years, my mom would call me into the kitchen while she made dinner to try to involve me and give me at least a small idea of what was involved with cooking a meal. And in my teenage-ness, I would roll my eyes, tell her this is stupid, and go watch TV. My mom being right in the end...imagine that!

Luckily, I am blessed with a husband who not only knows what he's doing, but loves to cook and experiment with new foods and recipes. While I don't think I will ever quite share his enthusiasm, after almost 8 months of marriage it's starting to hit me - I need to learn to cook and I need to learn to like it. But, what's a busy wife with 2 jobs and a full college course load to do? Enter the greatest invention ever made... the crock pot! Why I am just now discovering this amazing little guy is mystery, but I digress. Putting a bunch of food inside a pot, leaving for work, and coming home to an incredible smelling house and dinner is ready to serve? Yeah, that's MY kind of cooking!

Here's the recipe I'm trying today... http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com/2011/05/easiest-dinner-ever.html. Yum, right?!

So fellow wives, what are some of your favorite crock pot recipes? Tips? Comments? Feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. hillarious-- i read her blog too AND have been wanting to try that recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, how funny! You should definitely try it. I cooked it today for tomorrow's dinner because she said it's less soupy after a day or so. Of course, we had to taste it and it's super yummy!

    ReplyDelete