Words to live by:

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011...bring it on!

Starting a new year is always exciting! It's a fun time to reflect on the last 12 months...to think about the things you did, wish you did, or want to do in the upcoming year. For me, I always think about how much things have changed. In 2010, I:

-went back to college (and am now set to graduate in about 2 years! Yay!)
-went to Las Vegas to celebrate Tyler and I's 25th and 22nd birthdays
-traveled to Cancun, Mexico and had the time of my life with Tyler and my 2nd family
-got engaged and planned what is sure to be an amazing wedding
- found out I am going to be an aunt in 2011!
-experienced the birth of a dear friend's first child and watched her become an incredible mother
-got a new job
-shed 25 pounds
-lost my dear Grandma Cochran, and celebrated her long, happy life

Those are the 'major' events of 2010, although there are several not so major events that changed my life as well. Life is such a crazy mix of twists and turns, it's hard to imagine what 2011 will hold. The possibilities are endless! In 2011 I WANT to:

-Marry Tyler, move into our house, and settle into our new life together
-Be there for the birth of my sweet little niece/nephew, hold him/her in my arms, love him/her more than any baby I've ever loved before, and spoil him/her rotten
-Find out the sex of my niece/nephew so I can quit referring to 'it' as 'him/her' ;)
-Make all A's each semester, or at least know that I gave it my absolute best effort
-Run a 5k/avoid the dreaded 'Newlywed Nine'
-Find the right church for us, and get plugged in
-Learn to cook for my poor husband!
-Learn to bake goodies for my husband...okay, for me too!

Suffice to say, I've got quite the year coming up! I'm sure I'll accomplish some of those goals, and some I won't. I'm sure there will be new ones added as I go, and as priorities and life changes, so will my goals. Either way, the only thing I'm 100% positive on is this: there is no better way to start a new year than marrying the love of my life.

Happy New Year everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment