Words to live by:

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wedding, school, house, and other insanity.

Well folks, I've got some news...

My sister is having a baby GIRL! Let me just say...I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! Of course, I would have been completely overjoyed just the same had it been a boy but... a girl! My own adorable, precious little niece. We're all so excited, it's been a very long time since we've had a baby in the family. One thing is for sure, an incessant amount of frilly dresses, huge hair bows, and general spoiled rotten-ness is in her future. :)

Other random, less awesome but still exciting stuff: I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the wedding planning tunnel! Things are starting to come together, and now we're just crossing our T's and dotting our I's. We've had an incredible response as far as the RSVP's go - it's so heartwarming that so many people want to be a part of our special day! Also, my bachelorette party is in a few weeks, which is going to be a lot of fun. In addition, my Aunt Carma and Aunt Georgia were nice enough to plan to throw me a bridal shower, which will be the Sunday before the wedding. Not to mention the generosity of our amazing parents! Delaine, my (almost) mother in law, bought us an incredible front-loading washer and dryer set for our wedding gift - which was much needed! My parents got us a new refrigerator that matches the rest of our appliances. It goes without saying, but Tyler and I are definitely feeling the love! Tyler is due to move into our alllllmost completed house sometime within the week. Pictures of the house - the good, the bad, and the ugly - will be posted very soon!

Meanwhile, tomorrow marks the first day of the Spring 2011 semester. I have a weird mix of excitement, dread, optimism, and fear... which I realize makes zero sense! It's a little daunting to think I'm enrolled in the most classes I've ever taken, on top of the most difficult classes I've ever taken, on top of getting married and moving houses halfway through it all. BUT...I know that I can do it. The difficult part is going to be getting my brain to focus on school when I'm at school, work when I'm at work, and day dream about my impending wedding day on my free time. But we'll see how that goes... :P

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on becoming an Aunt!! exciting journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete