Words to live by:

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For the love of furniture...

It's official. Tyler and I have made our first "major" purchase together!

Monday was my dear father's 52nd birthday, so on Sunday me and the family went out for lunch after church to celebrate. Since it was his birthday lunch, Dad chose to eat at Texas Roadhouse - yum! Tyler was feeling sick that day and didn't come with us, so I was a little bummed out. However, I wanted him to rest and feel better so I still had a blast hanging out with my family. After we finished lunch, my sister and Michael mentioned they wanted to go to Mathis Brothers to look at some new furniture. Once we got there I decided to venture out and browse what they had. Long story short: I found a GREAT deal on a couch, loveseat, and chair set that I couldn't pass up. I sent Tyler a picture and as soon as he said he loved it, I said 'I'll take it!' I felt sad that Tyler wasn't there to share in the excitement of the moment but like my mom said, there will be plenty of other exciting purchases.

As I was standing there waiting on the paperwork to be finished, everything just hit me all at once. I thought, "Wow. This is happening. We're really getting married." It brought the biggest smile to my face! I absolutely love these little hits of reality. Although I love planning our wedding and I'm positive it's going to be a beautiful day we will cherish for the rest of our lives, sometimes it is nice to remember the bigger picture.

I can't wait to put together the rest of the future Wick home!

1 comment:

  1. Reading the part about the furniture made me smile SO MUCH! I just got married in June and all the little things about planning the wedding and prepping for a new home are still fresh in my mind. In fact, I'm still trying to get our new apartment in order. lol There will be ups and downs, but it's still one of the most exciting times I think we'll ever experience! (There will be more of course, but for now, this is pretty awesome.) I wish you the best of luck with everything, enjoy every moment, and congratulations on finding the love of your life and your best friend. May you treasure every moment from here on out!

    - Lissa

    ReplyDelete