Words to live by:

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Newlywed 9

The dreaded 'newlywed 9'... even if you're not married, I'm sure you're familiar with it. Essentially, it's pointless weight gain resulting from being newly married, happy, and most likely extremely busy adjusting to a new married life - whatever that may entail!

Tyler and I are creeping up on almost 1 month of marriage (crazy!), and I have to admit: we are already experiencing this phenomenon first hand. This is not at all what I expected! We are eating out more now than we ever have when we dated, be it fast food or actually going to a restaurant. After a long day of class and work, the thought of going to the grocery store and then actually COOKING the food is absolutely out of the question. Now, the food that used to make my stomach turn at just the thought of it, is much faster and easier and thus, way more appealing. Also, all of the leftover candy from the candy buffet at the wedding isn't helping matters either - I am legitimately addicted to giant pixy sticks now. I realized things were REALLY bad when I couldn't stop craving and thinking about oreos dipped in peanut butter in the middle of Macroeconomics. Terrible, terrible, terrible!

However, my breaking point was yesterday while getting ready for work. A pair of pants that were almost 4 sizes too big for me last summer zipped up and fit me perfectly - oh hello there, reality check!

I am stopping this madness. Time to make eating healthier and exercising a priority...before the newlywed 9 turns into the newlywed 90. Operation Married-But-Still-Want-To-Look-And-Feel-Good begins...today! :)

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you're not alone. We're lucky to microwave something once a week. It's ridiculous. We're hoping things will slow down a little closer to summer so we can get some kind of "healthy" routine down because I'm with you.. it's madness! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely things will come your way,maybe for now you should enjoy the moment.

    and belated wedding wishes !

    http://vj-menon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete